Mountain Biking

Bicycles in General

Bike Commuting

Product Reviews

Product Reviews

Feedback Sports Repair Stand Review-By Art Aguilar

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feedback Sports Pro Elite Bicycle Repair Stand

Description
The Pro-Elite is the go-to repair stand for mechanics on the road. This heavy-duty portable stand features our quick release clamp head and the rubber jaws can accommodate up to 2.6" tubing. Stable on almost any surface, this stand can support 85 lbs. and has an adjustable work height from 42"- 71". Anodized aluminum tubing will not rust.

Feedback sports

This is the stand fully assembled and ready to work.

Feedback sports1

The clamp is rubberized to protect your bike from messing up the paint.
Feedback sports

The Push button Quick Release is a great feature that this stand has. Rather than trying to unscrew the knob, you simply hit the the triangle, and pop!
Feedback sports

Open Sesame
Feedback sports

The Clutch allows you to rotate the bike in a circular position. During testing, the clutch never slipped on me.
Feedback sports

Metal clamps=durability.
Feedback sports

Metal clamp on the base.
Feedback sports

This is the Airborne Taka, it weighs 42lbs. The stand didn't have any issues supporting the heavy bike even under the load.
Feedback sports

One thing I have to mention is the awesome ratcheting clamp. This allows you to quickly mount a bike without having to mess with the knob. Basically what I do is throw on a bike push the clamp closed, then to secure it, I turn the tri-star knob for added tension. Voila! I'm ready to wrench!
Feedback sports

Here's my 50lb Xtracycle. Since I didn't have the room on my seat post, I mounted the bike right on the frame (seat tube). Again, no stress on the stand, it was able to handle it and maintain its stability.
Feedback sports

You can easily work on children's bikes too!
feedback sports

So here's the low-down on the Feedback Sports Pro Elite Bicycle Repair Stand; this is an awesome stand! It's very stable, it can handle heavier bikes and very easy to use. The retail price starts around $200, kinda pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's nicely built, my favorite part is that it has metal clamps. My old repair stand had plastic clamps that kept breaking on me. I figure with its quality materials they used to build it, this stand will last you for years. Once you're done wrenching, you can store the stand in its convenient tote bag and set it aside until next time.

Review Disclaimer

0 comments:

Post a Comment